Review: Mad Catz Microsuede 3DS Touch Pak

When a person buys a new gadget, particularly a gadget small in size, they usually want something that provides protection for it, or at the very least, a form of coverage. This same instance occurred to me as I purchased my Nintendo 3DS last week. I knew I didn't want a case that was bulky, nor did I need something that was able to hold fifty games at a time. What I wanted was a case that was easy to carry in my pocket as I ventured the world...meaning New York City.


What I bought was the Mad Catz Microsuede Touch Pak.

The Microsuede Pak is by no means the Otterbox of protective equipment, meaning, you can't drop your system fifty feet and have it survive. While the Pak does cover the 3DS quite well, the cushion surrounding the system is minimal, and a decent drop could still [potentially] wreck your system. However, what this Pak does offer is a slim folio holster for your $249.99 handheld system and a sleeve that holds up to three 3DS or DS cartridges.

The Pak can easily slip in and out of your pocket, be it the front or the back, and the suede makes it feel nice while doing so.

To add to your purchase, the Microsuede Pak comes with two pen-sized styli, in case you have long fingers like myself.

While there is not too much that can be said about a holster accessory, if you are in the market for a slim pouch that makes for an easy grab-n-go item, the Mad Catz Microsuede Touch Pak is definitely what you're looking for.

The Mad Catz Microsuede Touch Pak retails for $14.99.